Weird Millenium Train messages

where the worst are singled out and given a ShityRail

Moderator: Admin

Weird Millenium Train messages

Postby Y2Jackie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 pm

Has anyone else had any strange things come up on the screen on the Milleniums?

When they were new, I was on an East Hills train and as it left Revesby it said Next stop: Penrith. We were all like O_O for a little. Then we pulled up at Panania and it said "this station is Penrith". Tho if I were a driver I think I'd mix things up a bit for fun too...
Y2Jackie

Postby I_drive_them » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Stopping pattern announcements are part of Guard's duties. Drivers have got enough to keep them occupied as it is. [8D]

<font size="1"><font color="pink">4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE 108 ...end communication...</font id="pink"></font id="size1">
I_drive_them

Postby annoyed-guard » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:11 pm

One day it was really hot and I didn't want to be at work, We were somewhere on the East Hills line when just for the hell of it I played 'next stop Bondi Beach'.
It's been removed now but when you played next stop Wirragulla it was followed by some funky music, yes the programmer lived near there.
annoyed-guard

Postby au_daniel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:32 pm

"sub system data link failed"
au_daniel

Postby I_drive_them » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:04 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by au_daniel</i>
<br />"sub system data link failed"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Haha nice one au_daniel! Sorry guys, it's a bit of a train crew in-joke.

<font size="1"><font color="pink">4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE 108 ...end communication...</font id="pink"></font id="size1">
I_drive_them

Postby Railcorpse trainguard » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:57 pm

I've known of guards who will play "next stop ayers rock" heeeheeee Or if some dodgy sorts get on, swearing and yelling etc, I play the " Uniformed and plain clothes Police are currently checking tickets on this train" Or it's something to that effect. Then chuckle to myself when they get off at the next station clutching their longnecks in paperbags.
Find me the guards compartment, raving naked under the blue light... ;)
Railcorpse trainguard

Postby P1cwh0r3 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:55 pm

Railcorpse trainguard wrote:" Uniformed and plain clothes Police are currently checking tickets on this train" Or it's something to that effect. Then chuckle to myself when they get off at the next station clutching their longnecks in paperbags.

You are so evil... i love it :twisted:
P1cwh0r3
Forum Admin

Postby annoyed_guard » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:04 pm

I play the " Uniformed and plain clothes Police are currently checking tickets on this train" Or it's something to that effect. Then chuckle to myself when they get off at the next station clutching their longnecks in paperbags.

Did that once leaving Redfern early one Sun morning and some guy got up and went to the vestibule in the 4th car then spent the whole trip to Ashfield nervous and constantly watching up and downstairs waiting for Transits etc. Then got off and as we were leaving was checking out the train looking for them. He then would have waited 30mins on a cold Ashfield platform for the next train.
Better to be p*ssed off than p*ssed on
annoyed_guard

Postby Os » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:54 pm

Railcorpse trainguard wrote:I've known of guards who will play "next stop ayers rock" heeeheeee Or if some dodgy sorts get on, swearing and yelling etc, I play the " Uniformed and plain clothes Police are currently checking tickets on this train" Or it's something to that effect. Then chuckle to myself when they get off at the next station clutching their longnecks in paperbags.

nice one!

i've heard/seen that happen a few times now, it's so funny watching them looking out for the transits, even though everyone else in the carraige knows why that announcement was put on
Os

new trains

Postby sabo-tag3 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:37 am

The new trains have the most gayest voiceover.

When you arrive at a station. The asshole in the background says "This station is WHO GIVES A FUCK. We can see 4 ourselfs
:x
Shittyrail: Slowing down Sydney since 1990
sabo-tag3

Postby Fifel E » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:55 pm

one day the screen just said "EDI-M24 CRaiL Test Pattern"
~~FiFeL E~~

Shity Fail - Better Late then Never
Fifel E

Re: Weird Millenium Train messages

Postby P_1497 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 am

Ive had a few of them:

Stopping at:
???

We can play the announcements:
This train will stop at Macqurie Park and all that jazz,

Sometimes on empty trains we have a little fun with the destos and all sorta of things come up.

The one thing that is good also is that it accepts all run numbers in the SWTT. I chucked in CL22 once and "Sydney Terminal via Summit Tank came up.
An 8 car train has a total of 16 doors, don't feel obliged to all use the same one!
P_1497

Postby little Congwong » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:03 pm

on warm days I will put Bondi Beach on the front
Genisis 2:25 the man and his wife saw they were naked and they felt no shame.
little Congwong

Postby Rudiger » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:18 pm

little Congwong wrote:on warm days I will put Bondi Beach on the front

A new train running on the Illawarra line would be weird
Rudiger

Return to ShityRail Official Awards