nice guard

where the worst are singled out and given a ShityRail

Moderator: Admin

nice guard

Postby snowy446 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:57 pm

this person got lost at mcarthur when thay wanted to go to campbelltown and the guard helped these people to campbelltown they were japs
snowy446

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:46 pm

Was this before or after he stole their wallet? Just kidding, I enjoy helping tourists as they don't know much about our city plus I have been a tourist before. It is the brain dead people who are sydney siders that I hate, they live here they should know there city, they also catch trains all the time and ask the same stupid question every day.
annoyed-guard

Postby chuckles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by annoyed-guard</i>
<br />It is the brain dead people who are sydney siders that I hate, they live here they should know there city, they also catch trains al the time and ask the same stupid question every day.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Damn those people making donations to your bank account, they're such a hassle. Know what, we don't much care for you lot either!

I can't understand why people keep asking why is our train system so shithouse yet costing us all so much?
chuckles

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:16 pm

They don't pay my wage, The govt. does so it is all the taxpayers of NSW paying my wage. If you don't like it well I couldn't care less. It is only the brain dead, school kids and junkies that I am not nice too, to the others I am.
annoyed-guard

Postby chuckles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:18 pm

oh I forgot that I don't pay tax due to catching a train.........

Bring on the privatisation, you won't be around with that attitude!
chuckles

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:27 pm

When it is privatised and it is run well I will do a better job (if I stick around), right now I see no reason to work to my best, if I did I would be the only one doing it, No staff cares anymore except maybe the new ones but after about 6 weeks they stop caring. If you don't believe me ask a few staff members.
When it is privatised I will happily ride off into the sunset carrying a nice healthy payout.
annoyed-guard

Postby chuckles » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:45 pm

I realise no one is doing a good job, IT'S EASY TO SEE

And by the way, you get fired their's no pay out!!! You stick around and passengers complain about you the boss will give you a kick up the arse not a promotion
chuckles

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:01 pm

My last reply on this subject. You don't know much about Railcorpse, if you know how the game is played you will not get fired which is part of the Railcorpse problem among many others. As for a promotion???? Don't want one, why get a promotion so I can travel into town with a paycut? Anyway I will be leaving soon as I am sick of Railcorpse.
annoyed-guard

Postby Stankydorco » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:05 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snowy446</i>
<br />this person got lost at mcarthur when thay wanted to go to campbelltown and the guard helped these people to campbelltown they were japs
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There are some good ones out there. A few of us try to go the extra step to be helpful.

But annoyed-guard is also right. It gets demotivating when you are surrounded by poor management, and you see glaring examples of bad behaviour being rewarded.

It is literally impossible to get sacked from the railways. There is a policy - they just move you to a different position, and I think there is some agreement it has to be a better position too.

So there's no punishment system, no fear of being sacked, and often if you do wrong you end up moving up the organisation.

This system ensures the sh!t really does float to the top of this organisation. It's endemic, and they protect themselves from change because that's the way they like it.

Hence we have the railway we have today - run by incompetent fools, and staffed by demotivated front-line workers.
Stankydorco

Postby xman » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:36 am

A friend of mine has a family member working for the railways and they say the same thing!

"S#*t float's to the top!"
xman

Postby au_daniel » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:18 am

Leys face it, no matter where you go, there are always people that are willing to help and in the same instance, there are people that could not give a toss.

i will admit, i have had people come to me and ask how to get to a particular place, if they are nice, i tell them a more direct route, if they are rude about how they ask i send them the long way.

For example, a nice person askes me at central station, how to get to Town Hall, i tell them 16/17, a rude person, i tell them 20/21.

to quote the bible: do unto others, as they do unto you.
au_daniel

Postby annoyed-guard » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:44 pm

I once saw some writing on the toilet wall at TCAC which said, 'I just gave birth to a cityrail manager' normally just stupid stuff is written but in this case it is the truth. I always thought Vince was a big steaming turd.
annoyed-guard

Postby Railcorpse trainguard » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:33 pm

annoyed-guard wrote:I once saw some writing on the toilet wall at TCAC which said, 'I just gave birth to a cityrail manager' normally just stupid stuff is written but in this case it is the truth. I always thought Vince was a big steaming turd.

:D That's hilarious! I'm a good guard, nice to everyone, wave to kids, help the oldies out, sometimes even wait whilst ppl run down the stairs at their stations. I even make coherent announcements! :shock:

Yet management, for example our crew area managers, pin people like myself as a 'Bad' guard.. Why? Because Ive had 4 days off with the flu this year.

They say dont ever come into work if you could affect the health and safety of the passengers and your colleeagues, yet one gets chastised for doing the right thing.
One could go on and on......
Find me the guards compartment, raving naked under the blue light... ;)
Railcorpse trainguard

Postby annoyed_guard » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:56 pm

That's hilarious! I'm a good guard, nice to everyone, wave to kids, help the oldies out, sometimes even wait whilst ppl run down the stairs at their stations. I even make coherent announcements!

Yet management, for example our crew area managers, pin people like myself as a 'Bad' guard.. Why? Because Ive had 4 days off with the flu this year.

They say dont ever come into work if you could affect the health and safety of the passengers and your colleeagues, yet one gets chastised for doing the right thing.
One could go on and on......

This is why someone who does the best job they can and are good employees turns into someone who couldn't give a f*ck. Railcorpse always treats you as guilty until proven innocent.
Better to be p*ssed off than p*ssed on
annoyed_guard

Postby Sluggish_Train_ » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:01 am

You'll find %99 of the brain dead Sydney-siders, catching trains at Auburn.
Sluggish_Train_

Next

Return to ShityRail Official Awards