Fare Evaders

where the worst are singled out and given a ShityRail

Moderator: Admin

Fare Evaders

Postby I-hate-railcorpse » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:14 pm

I hearby present this award to the fare evader who had the most unpaid fines. Congratulations you have shown what a joke the whole system is.
I-hate-railcorpse

Postby au_daniel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:28 pm

i hope this award pays for his fines when he goes to re-register his car or renew his licence, or when the sherriff comes to collect on behalf of the SDRO (state debt recovery office)
au_daniel

Postby Sano » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:59 pm

This type of scum don't own anything - the dole goes on alcohol and drugs - as i've stated in the past - the only ppl who are punished by fines are ppl who work or have families. Unemployable scum get off free.
Sano

Postby Dauqsladnav » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:17 am

I caught trains between stations for a year straight without buying tickets, Only recently have transits been put on our line at this time.

Bastards how dare they.
Dauqsladnav

Postby transit » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:28 pm

if the money cant be recouped the usual way (RTA,SHERRIFF etc) I believe after a period of time a warrant can still be issued for the persons arrest and they spend time in a lock up.

This is of course a very last ditch effort. I havent heard of it done for a while though.

I dont think they get away with it in the long run. What is being looked at as we speak is, if we have a serial offender, who happens not to pay their fines, RailCorp can have them criminally charge and they can do time for it if found guilty.
transit

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:00 pm

People do get caught eventully, I remember a quote from a New York cop, "not every fare evader is a criminal but every criminal is a fare evader"The found by cracking down on fare evaders they got a lot of shit off the streets.
annoyed-guard

Postby chuckles » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Now would be a good time to point out that fare evasion far under strips the amount of money used to employ trasits, who do very little else other than check tickets as has been noted, over and over again on this board I'm sure I know I've seen this pointed out several times while I've been here.
chuckles

Postby annoyed-guard » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:18 pm

Transits from the very start were created by pollies who wanted to give the illusion to the public that the know what they are doing.
annoyed-guard

Postby transit » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chuckles</i>
<br />Now would be a good time to point out that fare evasion far under strips the amount of money used to employ trasits, who do very little else other than check tickets as has been noted, over and over again on this board I'm sure I know I've seen this pointed out several times while I've been here.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Your starting to sound like a broken record. Have you got a beef with Transit's because youve been caught and fined? If so I say it was your own fault. Not the fault of the transits.

The Transit concept came about because people were feeling unsafe on the trains. The government didnt have enough police to have them on the trains aswell. Then some pollie had a brain fart and said"Lets put contracted security on the trains. It will make us look better"

Again this decision was made for the travelling public's best interest. CHUBB was awarded the contract. They didnt have the authority to do anything so 9 out of 10 times walked away from trouble or potential trouble makers. The public again stood up and said this wasnt good enough. So again for the public, a pollie had another brain fart and said "We need our guys to be able to do more. Hey while we are at it, lets have them check tickets and make the money back that we spend on them" So COSTA says alright no descretion is to be shown. Then Transit officers were born.

While we are out there fining people for fare evading or doing the wrong thing, its showing the powers to be that we are needed. If everyone did the right thing and we couldnt fund ourselves then the function would be disbanded like Revenue Protection was.

So if you want to get rid of transits, dont drink alcohol on the premises, dont smoke under cover or enclosed areas,leave others alone and buy a ticket. Until all this happens shut the f**k up whinging because we are out there doing a job that you the travelling public have created by wanting something more than a toothless CHUBB guard.
transit

Postby craig foster » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:31 pm

do any private contractors still patrol cityrail stations/trains?
craig foster

Postby I_drive_them » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:10 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by craig foster</i>
<br />do any private contractors still patrol cityrail stations/trains?
Stations and yards/maintenance centres. Thursday/Friday/Saturday night at North Sydney gets pretty lively.

<font size="1"><font color="pink">4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE 108 ...end communication...</font id="pink"></font id="size1">
I_drive_them

Postby Dauqsladnav » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:51 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by transit</i>
Have you got a beef with Transit's because youve been caught and fined?

Ah that made me laugh, sound like a lad.
Dauqsladnav

Postby chuckles » Mon May 01, 2006 8:42 pm

No transit no one has ever been lucky enought to fine me because I carry a ticket. My "beef" maybe the constant harassment from the hired goon squad that you form a part of, if the system actually worked and was worth the money a ticket costs I might not worry about having to produce it. And here's a tip if you're going to walk around asking customers for tickets have an answer as to why their train(s) run late, I don't really give a toss if it's not your fault that the train is late, you work for the organisation f**king up find out, don't you have walky talky's?

As for chubbs being toothless, kettle black! I've seen plenty of loud mouth drunks not approached as they don't hit anyone until they're off the train, you guys couldn't "prevent" that [:0]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">dont drink alcohol on the premises<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
that's why bars were invented
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">dont smoke under cover or enclosed areas<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I don't smoke at all
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">leave others alone<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No probelm! If only "others" would leave me alone
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and buy a ticket<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have a whole pile on my desk from this year, which have been checked, time and time again!

So I guess I pass the test to continue voicing my opinion, after all this is a democracy, don't need a ticket to be able to speak

Ya know the nazis used to ask the jews for tickets, uniforms were quite similar as well
chuckles

Postby craig foster » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 am

Most of the work they do on fare evasion seems to be focused upon the wealthier areas of Sydney...Definately alludes to a revenue raising scheme devised by cityrail

and another point. Redfern station. The transit officers and station workers relentlessly check students' tickets and their id, but when it comes to the locals, they basically let them jump the gate.

Afraid to stand tall?
craig foster

Postby Sano » Tue May 02, 2006 2:27 pm

They are on the Campbelltown line a fair amount of the time - i would not count this area as a "wealthy" area.
Sano

Next

Return to ShityRail Official Awards